Keeping you informed – COVID-19 Policy update
Dear Valued guests and followers,
Here at The George Washington Hotel, we have remained open for essential and business travellers during this latest lockdown however with a roadmap out of restrictions, we are very excited to begin preparations to welcome all of our customers back from the 17th May 2021.
(100% Covid Safe Venue (Independent assessment November 2020)
From the 17th May 2021, we are delighted to let you know that the hotel is once again open and welcoming guests back following the recent government announcement. Clearly there are some differences in the service we offer and some restrictions that are in place that are designed specifically to protect you and you loved ones and also our exceptional employees.
Please see below a brief summary of what we are doing to keep you safe and able to relax in the comfort and service we have a deserved reputation in delivering.
Updated in line with new Government guidelines as of Friday 7th May 2021.
Further to recent announcements from the government in relation to the Covid-19 Regulations please find the changes to our hotel policy. During these challenging times we ask that our customers remain respectful and courteous to the hotel team members in the execution of their duties, and the undertaking of their legal responsibilities. Our primary concern is the safety and welfare of our team, our valued guests and customers, and of course the community that we serve.
- The rule of Six that is currently in place in our restaurant, meaning a maximum of 6 people can be seated together for breakfast, lunch dinner etc. larger tables can be offered outside for alfresco dining. Customers visiting the hotel should not mix outside of their rule of 6 whilst at the hotel.
- Strict Table service rules will continue as per existing policy.
- All guests Must register for track and trace either electronically or manually before they are served.
- Face Masks MUST be worn at all times within the building with the exception of eating, drinking and using gym/ leisure facilities.
- Sanitation stations are maintained and must be used upon entry to the hotel any of its departments.
- We ask all guests to maintain two metre social distancing and 1 metre plus where this is not possible.
- Play Safe stay safe regulations remain unchanged.
- We will expect responsible and courteous behaviour at all times, any challenges to the enforcement of our legal obligations will be dealt with summarily. Our team are here to deliver the best service and standards under challenging circumstances. and conditions. Please extend common courtesy, understanding and patience at all times. Our duties have increased dramatically in terms of cleaning and sanitising of our hotel to ensure we keep you and each other safe at all times.
Covid-19 Policy Update FAQ’s
Does Grab and Go Breakfast offering contravene table service?
No this is promoting social distancing
Can We Mix Provided we are outside on Bar Terrace?
No, the same rules apply to outside areas of a licensed premises.
What are the rules on room service?
No Change Business as usual however disposable, recyclable cutlery and containers are now used to reduce contact and promote recycling.
Do I have to wear a mask in the hotel as I am a resident?
Yes, you must wear a mask at all times when in shared public space including in the restaurant and bar area and until seated.
I am a resident why are you asking me to Fill in track and trace every time I Enter the restaurant?
This is to ensure accuracy of reporting and to ensure that we can identify specific persons in the event of an outbreak
What has changed in relation n to playing golf?
Nothing the same rules apply as before
Do you have policies in place to ensure social distancing and my safety?
Yes, and we have been awarded the highest score in brand 98.67% Please follow links and blog on our website for details.
Guidance and industry best practice
The George Washington hotel Golf and Spa is following all government guidelines and has been actively involved in scoping out industry best practice in partnership with key tourism bodies.
During this period and to ensure the safety of our guests and staff, we are pleased to provide you with a list of the measures we have taken to date.
Protective Face Masks & Face Coverings
In line with new laws introduced by the Government on 8th August 2020, it is now mandatory to wear a face mask or face covering in enclosed spaces in England.
That means as a guest, visitor or resident of the hotel we must ask you to wear a face mask in all of the public areas at all times. This includes the corridors, bar and restaurant with the exception of when you are eating or drinking on the premises.
If you are medically exempt from wearing a face covering, please speak to a member of our team on arriving at the hotel.
Our teams, supply chain and partners
- We are ensuring that everyone involved in our business is fully aware of and committed to our ethos. This includes:
- Every team member is being trained in new health and hygiene related procedures and their responsibility to guests and colleagues.
- New HR policies and processes are being implemented.
- All team members have completed return to work Covid19 training
- We are taking all reasonable steps to follow the government’s Covid-19 Secure Workplace Guidelines.
- We’re communicating with our suppliers and partners, to ensure that their policies and systems relating to health and hygiene meet industry standards.
We are committed to update our Covid19 measures on an on-going basis to reflect government guidance, in order to provide assurance and transparency:
- Every Guest in every area must fill in track and trace before entering into any hotel-based activity
- Our detailed health and hygiene plan is being published on our website and kept updated.
- All our guests will be receiving a short ‘Health Check’ questionnaire to complete ahead of their arrival at the hotel.
- New signage and focus points are being added across the hotel to promote hygiene and social distancing.
- We are supplying our hygiene plan to our agents and our 3rd party suppliers.
- A new risk-based approach to cleaning is being implemented and all team members are being trained accordingly.
- Hand sanitiser will be available and visible at several points across the hotel, including all rooms and staff areas.
- On a daily basis, we will appoint a dedicated sanitizer Champion to keep everyone safe by cleansing public areas and all identified touchpoints.
- PPE, along with appropriate training for use and disposal, will be made available to any employee upon request.
- Staff will be trained in the correct use of face masks.
- Cleaning staff in particular will be trained on the use of and provided with personal protection equipment as listed below:
- Disposable aprons
- If doing tasks that generate splashes (e.g. while washing surfaces) or close contact with guests, staff will be required to wear facial protection with a face shield and impermeable aprons.
- Staff have been instructed to wash hands after removing PPE.
- Spa, Gym, Thermal Suite, pool areas and changing areas have been steam cleaned.
- All kitchen areas have been deep cleaned
- All cleaning products are Covid 19 compliant.
Our restaurant & dining areas
Our spacious ground floor areas will enable us to comply with social distancing guidelines. Our initiatives include;
- A Grab and Go option will be available for all meal periods, with each item safely packed.
- Breakfast service. Our guests will be asked to book a time slot to spread the flow. Breakfast can be taken in the restaurant or Grab & Go.
- Our restaurant and bar table lay-out is being updated to respect the required distances in line with the latest government guidelines.
- Dining Table sizes (inside) must never be more than six people.
- The only exception is where a family numbers more than six persons or is part of a support bubble
- Sanitising stations will be available throughout the public areas.
- Payment will be contactless by Credit or debit card.
- Breakfast lunch and Dinner reservations in will be managed to ensure social distancing.
- Contactless payment is always encouraged.
Our Spa facilities
Open from the 12th April 2021, Sauna & Steam room open from 17th May 2021.
- We have conducted detailed risk assessments across every area of our business with the support
- New detailed pre arrival requirements will be in place.
- The treatment rooms and treatments will be carefully managed in line with guidance.
- Treatment rooms will be sanitised between each client to include all surfaces being wiped with disinfectant, including door handles and chair handles. Our therapists have been trained in how to do this.
- Chlorine use in pool to continue as usual.
- Members and guests will pre-book time slots for gym, thermal suite and pool areas.
- We have installed a thermal imaging camera for identifying folk with high temperatures.
We can’t wait to welcome you back to the George Washington Hotel Golf and Spa to enjoy the peace and tranquillity we are so proud to share with you.
George Washington Hotel and Spa.
Corporate Covid-19 Policy Update