Keeping you informed – COVID-19 Policy update
Dear Valued guests and followers,
From the 4th of July we are delighted to let you know that the hotel is once again open and welcoming guests back following the recent government announcement. Clearly there are some differences in the service we offer and some restrictions that are in place that are designed specifically to protect you and you loved ones and also our exceptional employees.
Please see below a brief summary of what we are doing to keep you safe and able to relax in the comfort and service we have a deserved reputation in delivering.
Guidance and industry best practice
The George Washington hotel Golf and Spa is following all government guidelines and has been actively involved in scoping out industry best practice in partnership with key tourism bodies.
During this period and to ensure the safety of our guests and staff, we are pleased to provide you with a list of the measures we have taken to date.
Our teams, supply chain and partners
- We are ensuring that everyone involved in our business is fully aware of and committed to our ethos. This includes:
- Every team member is being trained in new health and hygiene related procedures and their responsibility to guests and colleagues.
- New HR policies and processes are being implemented.
- All team members have completed return to work Covid19 training
- We are taking all reasonable steps to follow the government’s Covid-19 Secure Workplace Guidelines.
- We’re communicating with our suppliers and partners, to ensure that their policies and systems relating to health and hygiene meet industry standards.
We are committed to update our Covid19 measures on an on-going basis to reflect government guidance, in order to provide assurance and transparency:
- Our detailed health and hygiene plan is being published on our website and kept updated.
- All our guests will be receiving a short ‘Health Check’ questionnaire to complete ahead of their arrival at the hotel.
- New signage and focus points are being added across the hotel to promote hygiene and social distancing.
- We are supplying our hygiene plan to our agents and our 3rd party suppliers.
- A new risk-based approach to cleaning is being implemented and all team members are being trained accordingly.
- Hand sanitiser will be available and visible at several points across the hotel, including all rooms and staff areas.
- On a daily basis, we will appoint a dedicated sanitizer Champion to keep everyone safe by cleansing public areas and all identified touchpoints.
- PPE, along with appropriate training for use and disposal, will be made available to any employee upon request.
- Staff will be trained in the correct use of face masks.
- Cleaning staff in particular will be trained on the use of and provided with personal protection equipment as listed below:
- Disposable aprons
- If doing tasks that generate splashes (e.g. while washing surfaces) or close contact with guests, staff will be required to wear facial protection with a face shield and impermeable aprons.
- Staff have been instructed to wash hands after removing PPE.
- Spa, Gym, Thermal Suite, pool areas and changing areas have been steam cleaned.
- All kitchen areas have been deep cleaned
- All cleaning products are Covid 19 compliant.
Our restaurant & dining areas
Our spacious ground floor areas will enable us to comply with social distancing guidelines. Our initiatives include;
- We are limiting dining hours and will require our guests and staff to pre-book all meal times.
- A Grab and Go option will be available for all meal periods, with each item safely packed.
- Breakfast service. Our guests will be asked to book a time slot to spread the flow. Breakfast can be taken in the restaurant, bar or in your room.
- Our restaurant and bar table lay-out is being updated to respect the required distances in line with the latest government guidelines.
- Sanitising stations will be available throughout the public areas.
- Payment will be contactless by Credit or debit card.
- Breakfast lunch and Dinner reservations in will be managed to ensure social distancing.
- No cash payment will be accepted
Our Spa facilities
Please note, the spa facilities are currently closed.
- We have conducted detailed risk assessments across every area of our business with the support
- New detailed pre arrival requirements will be in place.
- The treatment rooms and treatments will be carefully managed in line with guidance.
- Treatment rooms will be sanitised between each client to include all surfaces being wiped with disinfectant, including door handles and chair handles. Our therapists have been trained in how to do this.
- Chlorine use in pool to continue as usual.
- Members and guests will pre-book time slots for gym, thermal suite and pool areas.
- Access to changing rooms will be restricted.
- We have installed a thermal imaging camera for identifying folk with high temperatures.
We can’t wait to welcome you back to the George Washington Hotel Golf and Spa to enjoy the peace and tranquillity we are so proud to share with you.
George Washington Hotel and Spa.
Corporate Covid-19 Policy Update